Dr. Cameka Smith Celebrating 15 Years of Empowerment: The BOSS Network
2024 marks a significant milestone for The BOSS Network, an empowering beacon for Black women entrepreneurs. This year, they celebrate the 15th anniversary of its inception by Dr. Cameka Smith, a visionary who transformed from a Chicago Public School educator to a trailblazing servant leader. Her journey and the achievements of The BOSS Network underscore the essence of determination and impact.
A Legacy of Empowerment
Under Dr. Cameka Smith’s stewardship, The BOSS Network has:
- Fostered a vibrant community of over 200,000 Black women.
- Aided over 2,500 Black founders in launching their businesses.
- Equipped more than 10,000 women with essential business strategies.
- Provided crucial funding to 75 Black women entrepreneurs.
The Unyielding Spirit of Black Women Entrepreneurs
Despite being the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs, Black women often face disproportionate challenges in obtaining support and funding. Dr. Cameka Smith’s vision with The BOSS Network was not just about business; it was about inspiring and empowering women to envision themselves as entrepreneurs, bringing their unique brilliance into Corporate America and uplifting communities often with limited support.
A New Chapter: The Sage X BOSS Invest in Progress Grant
In celebration of this incredible journey, The BOSS Network, in collaboration with Sage, announces the Invest in Progress Grant. This initiative is more than financial assistance; it’s a commitment to nurturing and guiding the next generation of Black women entrepreneurs.
- Application Period: Open now through February 23, 6 p.m. ET.
- The Offer: $10,000 grants coupled with a full year of monthly mentorship through the BOSS Business University.
- Eligibility: Full details available on the terms and conditions at bossimpactfund.com.
- How to Apply: Visit Hello Alice.
Voices of Strength Report
In conjunction with the grant, The BOSS Network and Sage have released the “Voices of Strength” report. This pivotal study offers insights into the challenges and experiences of Black women entrepreneurs, particularly in Atlanta – a hub for successful Black women in business.
- Discover: The key challenges in access to capital, mentorship, and digitalization faced by Black women founders.
- Engage: Share your voice and experiences.
- Download: Available at Voices of Strength.
A Call to Action: Apply and Amplify
All eligible entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the Invest in Progress Grant. It’s an opportunity not just for financial growth but for mentorship and community engagement. And let’s not forget to share and amplify the Voices of Strength report, a document that sheds light on the unique challenges and triumphs of Black women in business.
A Salute to Persistence and Courage
Reflecting on the past 15 years of The BOSS Network, they see more than numbers and programs. They are seeing the faces of determined women who have broken barriers and paved the way for future generations. This anniversary isn’t just a celebration of Dr. Cameka Smith or The BOSS Network; it’s a tribute to every Black woman entrepreneur who continues to inspire, innovate, and impact the world.
Join the Movement
Stay connected with The BOSS Network’s journey and its various programs by visiting www.TheBossNetwork.org for more inspiring stories and opportunities.
#InvestInProgress #VoicesOfStrength #BOSSNetworkAnniversary #EmpoweringBlackWomenEntrepreneurs